Tourism development and business broker Commercial
One of Queenstown’s most experienced property professionals, Barry Robertson’s career spans more than four decades. His knowledge and insight cover a wealth of markets and economic scenarios, allowing him to deliver to clients an unrivalled understanding of market dynamics.
Based in Queenstown since 1985 and working in both valuation and brokerage, Barry specialises in tourism properties, bringing together deals ranging from motels to 200+ room hotels and golf courses. He’s brokered some of the largest commercial and tourism sales in the region through his local connections and national networks.
Joining Colliers International in 2013, Barry works in combination with Steve McIsaac at the Queenstown office, brokering and consulting on tourism assets and developments across the South Island.
Barry is an Associate of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ), a Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Valuers and a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). The family man is an enthusiastic cyclist, enjoying nothing more than exploring Queenstown’s superb tracks and trails.
- Swiss Bell Hotel, Arthurs Point - $8.0m
- Tanoa Aspen Hotel, Fernhill - Confidential
- Nugget Point Hotel & Spa - $9.9m
- Bendemeer Lifestyle development, Wakatipu - $18m
- Steamer Wharf retail complex, Queenstown - $16m
- Kawarau Falls Station development site, Wakatipu - $50m
- Blacksheep Backpackers, Queenstown - freehold $2.7m
- Aspiring Motel, Wanaka - $2.55m
- Base Backpackers property, Queenstown - $14.1m
- Pounamu Hotel site, Queenstown - $3.2m
Barry has also held positions at both a local and regional level for various educational and sporting organisations.